When sobriety is not enough, recovery coaching by
As a pastor’s kid who has grown up in the church, I’ve had my fair share of Sunday services. However, none of them prepared me for the disappointments in life. We all have them, right? The relationship that didn’t work out. The dream job that never materialized, loss of your health or the death of a loved one. For most, it’s simply the dreams that never came into fruition. Church and its collection of “do’s & don’ts” for how to live your life didn’t soothe my broken soul. My faith faltered during my personal struggles, as the chronic pain from 5 spine fusion surgeries overwhelmed me and my bipolar depression left me empty and dead within. Instead, I found alcohol and prescription opioids & fentanyl to be a much better comfort.
After being clean and sober for a couple of years I was looking to share my journey on Facebook in hopes that someone might be encouraged by my story. This developed into short blog posts about addiction, recovery and hope, known as 'Today's One Minute Reads'.
My book Jesus + Seltzer: Stories and Meditations on Sobriety and Recovery is a curated collection of my One Minute Reads.
Launched on August 14th 2022, you can order your copy at the link below.
- 1st and 3rd Friday of Each MonthJason Umidi's Home1st and 3rd Friday of Each MonthJason Umidi's Home , Norfolk, VA, USA
- Wed, Jan 18Christian Talk That RocksJan 18, 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM ESTChristian Talk That RocksJan 18, 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM ESTChristian Talk That RocksJason shares his stories and meditations on sobriety and recovery in his book, 'Jesus and Seltzer'. Listen to this exclusive interview, live on Mornings On Main, where Jason Umidi joins the Dan Manley to share his story. https://www.wnri.com/wnri_034.htm
- Tue, Jan 17Christian Talk That RocksJan 17, 9:00 AM – 9:30 AM ESTChristian Talk That Rocks
- Fri, Jan 13Christian Talk That RocksJan 13, 3:00 PM – 3:15 PM ESTChristian Talk That RocksJan 13, 3:00 PM – 3:15 PM ESTChristian Talk That RocksJason shares his stories and meditations on sobriety and recovery in his book, 'Jesus and Seltzer'. Listen to this exclusive interview, live on Christian Talk That Rocks, where Jason Umidi joins the Richie L to share his story. https://christiantalkthatrocks.net/#
- Fri, Jan 13Wendee BroadcastingJan 13, 8:00 AM – 8:30 AM ESTWendee Broadcasting, Texas, USAJan 13, 8:00 AM – 8:30 AM ESTWendee Broadcasting, Texas, USAMornings with James Ray Williams and Celinda Hawkins - interviewing author of 'Jesus and Seltzer', Jason Umidi. KXYL - AM & FM begins the business day with "The Morning Show", a live and local show hosted by long - time local air personality JR Williams and veteran news reporter, Celinda Hawkins.
- Tue, Sep 27CBN Live BroadcastSep 27, 2022, 9:00 AMCBN Live BroadcastSep 27, 2022, 9:00 AMCBN Live BroadcastJason Umidi (a pastor's son) shares his story of 5 back surgeries that led to 25 years of addiction to opioids and fentanyl washed down with alcohol. And how Jesus has restored him since he went to detox on Jan 10, 2017. Watch the full interview below: www1.cbn.com/video/SUV187_JasonUmidi_092722/a
- Sun, Sep 11ROAMSep 11, 2022, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PMROAM, 210 Trilith Pkwy, Fayetteville, GA 30214, USA
“You are very insightful. I always take something away with your One Minute Reads.”